i found out that the part that takes the most of time (4 minutes for
500 files) is

<doc:jsl
     input="${maven.checkstyle.output.xml}"
     output="checkstyle-summary-report.xml"
     outputDirectory="${maven.checkstyle.dir}"
     stylesheet="${plugin.resources}/checkstyle-summary.jsl"
     encoding="${maven.docs.outputencoding}"
     outputMode="xml"
     prettyPrint="true"/>

that's the raw report...

and the file generated has 3088523 bytes. Is it normal?

thanks
emerson

On 23/04/07, emerson cargnin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
anyone has any clue how I could investigate this better???

thanks

On 20/04/07, emerson cargnin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ok
>
> thanks a lot
>
> would anyone else have a clue why my build hangs for so long on the
> following point?
>
>     [exec] checkstyle:report-internal:
>     [exec]     [mkdir] Created dir:

/subversion/users/client/cruise/checkout/build-projet/modules/com.company.java/target/generated-xdocs/checkstyle

> On 20/04/07, Lukas Theussl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > emerson cargnin wrote:
> > > Thanks for the reply lukas.
> > >
> > > 1) do you run checkstyle? if so, you didn't noticed it takes a quite
> > > while to generate the reports?
> > > in this line it stops for 3 or 4 minutes....
> > >
> > >     [exec]     [checkstyle] Running Checkstyle 4.1 on 416 files
> > >     [exec] checkstyle:report-internal:
> > >     [exec]     [mkdir] Created dir:

/subversion/users/svnclient/cruise/checkout/build-ucssearch/modules/com.yell.searchengine/target/generated-xdocs/checkstyle