So, what would it take to get this sort of thing in place?  It's not such a
futuristic need - some of the big budget SCM tools allow for the component
query to include a quality level and indeed Ivy allows for this as well.  Is
the reasoning in the Maven community that this is not necessary or that it
can be accomplished in other ways?
Thanks