Hello,

I'd like to configure a dependency to the compiler plugin (the SUN
rt.jarfor java
1.3) as I use it for bootclasspath :

               <configuration>
                   <compilerArguments>
                       <bootclasspath>
                           ${settings.localRepository}/com/sun/rt/${
maven.compile.runtime}/rt-${maven.compile.runtime}.jar
                       </bootclasspath>
                   </compilerArguments>
               </configuration>
               <dependencies>
                   <dependency>
                       <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
                       <artifactId>rt</artifactId>
                       <version>${maven.compile.runtime}</version>
                   </dependency>
               </dependencies>

To resolve this non-free dependency, I need to set a custom repository in my
settings.xml to point to my corporate repo.

When I run maven, it complain for dependency . It searched in central and
apache.snapshot repositories.
I myself have NOT declared apache.snapshots as a repository. It is declared
in the apache-3 parent POM that the plugin extends

I then have two questions :

 1. How to configure the repository to be used for downloading dependencies
in a plugin WITHOUT changing my POM ?

 2. Is this exepected for a released POM to make reference to a snapshot
repository ?

Nico