Hi,

I should mention that I am using CVS

So I've explored the .cvsrc thingy.
I made a mistake and the "-f" option is not the one I thought (I mistook it
for the update option).

I don't think I'm a fan of using ".cvsrc".
While using cvs directly I observed differences in behavior that tells me
it's using it.
But I find it very sneaky.
Even when I use cvs -t it doesn't explicitely mention the fact that cvs is
(or isn't) loading the cvsrc. (Am I missing something?)
I can foresee configuration hell.

~/.cvsrc content:
cvs -z6
update -CdPR

In order to spot the difference in behavior I modified the pom.xml file.

1. Using CVS directly
 cvs -f update

=> M pom.xml

 cvs update

=> U pom.xml

2. When used through maven though, It doesn't seem to take the .cvsrc into
account, the behavior is the same

A.
~/.scm/cvs-settings.xml

<cvs-settings>
 <useCvsrc>false</useCvsrc>
</cvs-settings>

mvn -X scm:update

log display:
[INFO] [scm:update]
[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -f -q update -d
[INFO] Working directory:
/home/infra/workspace/release/modules/unittesttools
[DEBUG] Executing CVS command: update -d
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG] M pom.xml

B.
~/.scm/cvs-settings.xml

<cvs-settings>
 <useCvsrc>true</useCvsrc>
</cvs-settings>

mvn -X scm:update

log display:
[INFO] [scm:update]
[INFO] Executing: cvs -z3 -q update -d
[INFO] Working directory:
/home/infra/workspace/release/modules/unittesttools
[DEBUG] Executing CVS command: update -d
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG] M pom.xml

So you see that it actually modify the displayed command (the -f is missing
in the second example) but the result is the same (a merge) eventhough the
option -C in the .cvsrc file.
Also note that the debug information is misleading (assuming it's working).
It displays " Executing CVS command: update -d" when it's actually supposed
to be doing "update - CdPR"
Note also that even though I added "cvs -z6" the debug line still displays
"cvs -z3"

- Am I screwing something up?

- Can I pass command line arguments to the scm (cvs) through the pom ?

regards