Thank you folks for your kind and quick answers!

Xavier

On 5/1/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1 May 07, at 5:08 AM 1 May 07, Xavier Hanin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what is the official maven 2 repository location.

The official repository is housed at repo1.maven.org, from which any
client can connect.

> Indeed on the getting started [1] page, the answer to "How do I use
> external dependencies?" states that http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2 is
> the default location. The Introduction to repository page [2] seems to
> say it's http://repo1.maven.org/maven2. OTOH I've seen an e-mail on
> the infra list saying that the maven.org domain will be removed
> shortly.
>
> So, could someone tell me what's the official location?

http://repo1.maven.org will continue to work.

But there is no syncing from central and we push that off to ibiblio
because the bandwidth there is free.

If you're planning on replicating the entire repository then you have
to do that from Ibiblio.

Jason.