If you include a <parent>-tag for your parent-POM, your project automatically
inherits its version (unless you set it manually).
In case you need to reference it in other places as well, try using
${parent.version}

--
Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27