Wayne Fay wrote:
The only way I've seen of making dependencies "conditional" is via profiles.

That would create too many profiles for me.

Suppose an EAR parent's POM, where the EAR can have multiple modules one can choose from and configure. For example struts 1.x or 2.x based web module, ejb 2.1 or 3.0 module, use of HDIV [1] in the web module and so on and so forth.

I'm trying to figure the best way to go about this for my md4j [2] quickstarter project.

[1] http://www.hdiv.org/
[2] http://dev.abiss.gr/md4j/

Cheers,

Manos