I have tried this and see 1 downside, artifactId archiva-applet needs
to live in the loacl repository. ( with mvn install ). If not it
complains about a missing artifact.

If archiva-applet was not installed in the local repository, is there
anyway to do mvn package on archiva-parent ?

-Thanks
Steve More