XDoclet  works ok for  Websphere 6.0.  XDoclet 2 seems to be a no go with
Websphere --at least for a while -- unless they have hidden the
documentation really well.  The ejbs and mdb's we built give us no trouble
under WAS 6.0.   XDoclet does have trouble with multi-module builds as it
seems to use the same directory for generated sources as it uses the first
time it runs.  You can work around this by hooking into the maven lifecycle
with :

       <plugin>
               <inherited>true</inherited>
               <executions>
                   <execution>
                       <phase>process-classes</phase>
                       <configuration>
                           <tasks>
                               <mkdir dir="${generated-sources-dir}" />
                               <delete quiet="true" failonerror="false"
                                   dir="${generated-sources-dir}" />
                           </tasks>
                       </configuration>
                       <goals>
                           <goal>run</goal>
                       </goals>
                   </execution>
               </executions>
           </plugin>

and the xdoclet plugin config:
   <plugin>
               <inherited>true</inherited>
               <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
               <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
               <executions>
                   <execution>
                       <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                       <goals>
                           <goal>xdoclet</goal>
                       </goals>
                       <configuration>
                           <tasks>
                               <ejbdoclet ejbspec="2.1"
                                   ejbClassNameSuffix="Bean"

destdir="${generated-sources-dir}/xdoclet" verbose="true">
                                   <fileset
                                       dir="${project.build.sourceDirectory
}"
                                       includes="**/**Bean.java,**/**
MDB.java,**/**Mdb.java" />
                                   <deploymentdescriptor useIds="true"
                                       destdir="${
project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF" />
                                   <remoteinterface
                                       pattern="{0}Remote" />
                                   <localinterface pattern="{0}" />
                                   <homeinterface />
                                   <localhomeinterface />
                                   <entitypk />
                                   <utilobject cacheHomes="true" />
                                   <websphere
                                       destdir="${
project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF" />
                               </ejbdoclet>
                           </tasks>
                       </configuration>
                   </execution>
               </executions>
           </plugin>

On 5/9/07, David J. M. Karlsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bala Rajamani skrev:

> Hello,
>

> I would like to create WebSphere specific application.xml and related
> ibm-application-bnd.xmi and MANIFEST.MF files. How do I this achieve
this
> with maven?

The IBM specific deploymentfiles (sigh) can be generated by the xdoclet
plugin, sadly xdoclet does not seem to be maintained anymore.
It covers support for was 5.x fairly well, but not 6.1.

You might be lucky with xdoclet2 also - but I have no was-expirience
with this.

Good luck - if you find any good solutions - please post back on the list.