Hi,

There's a trick to this I discovered about six months ago. It is possible to define a profile that is active when an env variable is *not* defined:

<profile>
           <activation>
               <property>
                   <name>!myVar</name>
               </property>
           </activation>
</profile>

Deactivate the profile by defining the property.

For more information see < http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/ Profiles>.

Steve C.