Hello,
I created a simple j2ee proj:
C:\alex\workspace>mvn archetype:create -DartifactId=simple -DgroupId=simple
-Dar
chetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-j2ee-simple

(I removed <modules>site</modules> because archetype does not create *site*
sub-project aka module)
after that I could see that project is packaged successfully:
mvn package creates some ear...
but mvn compile does not work it tries to resolve

[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/root/project/projects/logging/1.0/log
ging-1.0.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) root.project.projects:logging:jar:1.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=root.project.projects
-DartifactId=logg
ing \
          -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) root.project:primary-source:jar:1.0
        2) root.project.projects:logging:jar:1.0

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  root.project:primary-source:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories: