From: Ravi Luthra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:57 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Extra directory level being created by Assembly in Maven
2.0.6, as compared with 2.0.4

I reported this to Mevenide and should be fixed in future versions. A
work around is to lock down the assembly version you are using:
                    <plugin>
                        <version>2.1</version>
                        <executions>
Maven does not require all artifact-specifying attributes for plugins
like it does with normal dependencies. Whether the beta version of the
assembly plugin is a bug or not, remains to be seen. It could simply be
a side effect of configuration changes. And by not providing it with its
required configuration, it does this.

I hope they will fix automatic plugin resolution to exclude beta
editions somehow.

Ravi