This issue has come up previously regarding JAX-WS. The fix at that
time was to actually remove the system-scoped tools.jar dependency
from the plugin pom (IIRC -- check the Archives for more details).

So you will probably need to file a bug against the native2ascii
plugin requesting a similar modification. Or if you're the only Mac
user, just adjust the plugin pom.xml file in your local cache to
remove the tools.jar dependency (this is a hack).

Wayne