It seems filtering is broken in the latest release of the assembly
plugin (2.2-beta-1).

The tip describing how to combine a <fileSets> element with a <files>
element to filter a select number of files within the directory named
by a <fileSet> used to work in 2.1, but not now.  The tip is here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/single/filtering-some-distribution-files.html

I do see properly filtered files beneath target/archive-tmp but not in
the actual assembly file.  It's as if the fileSet overwrites the
filtered files, or maybe they're never even added to the archive.

The only thing I've been able to get to filter properly is a single
<files> element with no other <fileSets> elements in the assembly
descriptor.  But that doesn't work for me since I'm only filtering a
small subset of the directory of files I'm assembling.

Adding a <filtered>true</filtered> element to a <fileSet> (supposedly
supported in 2.2) does not work at all.

I hate to go back to 2.1 since dependency resolution is so broken
there, though filtering does seem to work ok.

In case I'm doing something horribly stupid, has *anyone* gotten
filtering to work with <fileSets> in version 2.2?

Thanks,
Jim