Hello,

no, i'm not talking about bringing them under one project.

I think it is too late for that. IMHO, every MRM (MRM as Maven Repo Manager
and not Archiva predecessor) team achieved a lot, and it would be
irrealistic to expect from them to throw it away or dissect it. And even if
they do, the result would be very probably a MRM called "Frankenstein, the
most versatile Maven Repository Manager" that would never work :)

I was talking about common MRM API defined by Maven (maven community, not
MRM developers/community). This common API could be implemented by various
MRMs fully or partially (depending on their MRM capabilities).

And also, all "maven tools" like maven plugins or 3rd party tools could use
this API to gain some benefit regardless of actual MRM on the far end. Like
the mentioned m2eclipse or netbeans plugin, to reach remote repo indexes for
example, etc.

~t~