Hi,

I want to build an unsual JAR with the maven-assembly-plugin und after
hours of trying I cannot figure out how to do it.

I have a Maven project "myproject" which is dependent on a library
"mylibrary". I want to build a JAR file containing both the class
files of the project and the class files of the library. What I get
with the following configuration is a JAR containing two directories
"myproject" and "mylibrary", each of which contains the unpacked class
files. All I want is to get rid of the directory layer, because class
files in a JAR only make sense, if they reside in the root directory.
Who knows how to achieve this?

Thanks for any hints, Ben

pom.xml:

<plugin>
 <version>2.2-beta-1</version>
 <configuration>
   <descriptors>
     <descriptor>src/main/build-resources/assembly.xml</descriptor>
   </descriptors>
   <finalName>myproject</finalName>
   <outputDirectory>target/assemblies</outputDirectory>
   <workDirectory>target/assemblies/work</workDirectory>
 </configuration>
</plugin>

assembly.xml:

<assembly>
        <id>myjar</id>
        <formats>
                <format>jar</format>
        </formats>
        <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
        <moduleSets>
                <moduleSet>
                        <includes>
                                <include>myproject</include>
                        </includes>
                        <binaries>
                                <includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
                                <dependencySets>
                                        <dependencySet>
                                <unpack>true</unpack>
                                        <scope>compile</scope>