On 6/11/07, srinivas ramgopal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Current latest version of maven release plugin from ibiblio has errors.

It does?  Are they in JIRA?

As a workaround, I want to force maven to use the older(the version before
the latest one)version of this plugin.
This plugin related information is not part of my pom file as it is used by
Maven automatically.

Given this, how and where do I specify to maven to use a particular version
of this plugin?

You can put it in <pluginManagement> and specify a version.  (It's
recommended that you specify a version for every plugin you use, even
the ones that you don't otherwise need to configure.)

--
Wendy