Tom Huybrechts wrote:

Generating PDE projects is much different from  ordinary projects. PDE
handles the classpath and interproject dependencies itself. Maven
should never generate these, and certainly not try to link to a jar in
the local repository. For external dependencies, you should think
about setting up a target platform. There are a number of Maven
plugins to be found to build PDE-based projects with Maven, and to
create a target platform.

Despite a number of plugins being available, there is still not a authoritative configuration for building plugins and products for eclipse with maven that is repeatable.

I have started with maven-eclipse-plugin, and have slowly worked towards getting it to play nicely with the pde-maven-plugin, with the final goal of getting a configuration to work out the box.

One showstopper in maven-eclipse-plugin has been found and fixed. A second problem has been identified: the "linked resources" feature of eclipse, used by maven-eclipse-plugin, doesn't currently work during PDE builds. I am busy testing a workaround provided by the maven-dependency-plugin that may be a stopgap until eclipse is fixed.

After that, it's on to lift some of the limitations in the pde-maven-plugin.

Regards,
Graham