Hi all,
I need to use the dependency plugin for two separate tasks in a project.
I don't understand how to define multiple executions of a plugin. The
relevant portion of my pom.xml and the error message are below.

Also, what is the purpose of the <id> element in an execution? Can I use
it from the command line to invoke a specific execution?

Thanks for any help.
Kevin

<plugin>
                <executions>

                    <execution>
                        <id>copy-dependencies</id>
                        <phase>process-resources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <outputDirectory>
${project.build.directory}/dependencies</outputDirectory>
                            <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
                            <overWriteSnapshots>false</overWriteSnapshots>
                            <overWriteIfNewer>true</overWriteIfNewer>
                            <stripVersion>true</stripVersion>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>

                    <execution>
                        <id>update-server</id>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>copy</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <artifactItems>
                                <artifactItem>
                                    <groupId>com.db.abfo</groupId>
                                    <artifactId>abfo-webstart-web</
artifactId>
                                    <version>${project.version}</version>
                                    <overWrite>true</overWrite>
                                    <outputDirectory>
${jboss.server.abfo.deploy.dir}</outputDirectory>
                                </artifactItem>
                            </artifactItems>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>

                </executions>
            </plugin>

$ mvn dependency:copy
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'dependency'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building WebStart Web Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [dependency:copy]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'dependency:copy'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Jun 14 10:12:16 BST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/11M
[INFO]

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.