John,

you can attach the jar file with the attach:artifact goal from build-helper-maven-plugin [1] over at the mojo project.

-Tim

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/

jp4 schrieb:
I use the assembly plugin to create an executable jar file that contains all
of it's dependencies.  The file name is
foo-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar.  I would like to be able to
install this artifact locally and/or deploy to a remote repository.  How can
I do this?

I have included the assembly plugin configuration below if that helps.

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <descriptors>
<descriptor>jar-with-dependencies.xml</descriptor>
                            </descriptors>
<workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
                            <archive>
<manifestFile>src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
                            </archive>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>