Yes, to have boolean operations for profile activation constraints would be nice. However, would'nt in your case this do what you want:

  <activation>
    <property>
      <name>maven.test.skip</name>
      <value>!true</value>
    </property>
  </activation>

-Tim

Jose Alberto Fernandez schrieb:
Thanks Tim, that worked well.

Another question, is there a way to specify an <OR> condition for
activation. Currently I have:

            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>!maven.test.skip</name>
                </property>
            </activation>

but I would like to say:

            <activation>
              <or>
                <property>
                    <name>!maven.test.skip</name>
                </property>
                <property>
                    <name>maven.test.skip</name>
                    <value>false</value>
                </property>
              </or>
            </activation>

Also a <not> operator would do:

            <activation>
              <not>
                <property>
                    <name>maven.test.skip</name>
                    <value>true</value>
                </property>
              </not>
            </activation>

That would make the profile more robust.

Any way to express anyone of the above? The docs are quite vague.

Tim Kettler wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried putting the plugin definition in a profile activated by the value of the 'maven.test.skip' property.

-Tim

Jose Alberto Fernandez schrieb:
Hi,

I have a maven-antrun-plugin that must execute before running the test
suit
to make sure that my database schema is in sync with the code. That works
fine. However, I would like for this task to only execute when tests are
actually run. That is if I set maven.test.skip=true I would prefer for
the
schema to not be upgraded.

The reason being that I may be just working on the code and do not want
upgrade the schema until I am ready to others to see my changes (which
means
the code changes can be committed, as they at least compile).

Is there any way to achieve this? I try to set the plugin to the
test-compile phase, but it seem to execute even when the tests are not
run.
Any advise on what is the best way to get to this?

Jose Alberto