u might have misunderstood my problem:

- in the J2ME API java.io.DataInputStream IS INCLUDED.

Ok
You need to change compiler bootclasspath, with J2ME API classes. In
my company, we are using our own J2ME API jars, but Pyx4me provides
J2ME API jars you can add in your compiler bootclasspath.

Example (not tested)

<plugin>
        <configuration>
                <source>1.3</source>
                <target>1.1</target>
                <compilerArguments>

<bootclasspath>${settings.localRepository}/org/microemu/microemu-cldc/2.0.1/microemu-cldc-2.0.1.jar</bootclasspath>
                </compilerArguments>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.microemu</groupId>
                        <artifactId>microemu-cldc</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0.1</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

Notice the path to jar relative to Maven repository and the dependency
tag which allows Maven to download used libraries in bootclasspath.

It works with our internal J2ME jars, it should work with those from pyx4me.
Other jars :
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/microemu/

Good luck

Damien Lecan