I'm using the native2ascii codehaus plugin and on windows it works fine, but
on my Unix box it fails with:

--- Nested Exception ---
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.tools.native2ascii.Main

Now tools.jar is in my JAVA_HOME/lib directory and as such I would think be
in the system class path, yet its not finding it?  I did a little searching
and I know someone recently had issues specifically on Mac because its JDK
doesn't have a tools.jar (its in their classes.jar).  Okay, but that's not
the case here.

It seems the native2ascii plugin just forwards the task to the built in ANT
optional task which itself calls native2ascii (that's what I would guess
from looking at the exception trace).

How can I debug the runtime classpath of a Maven2 build cycle?

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson