Hi All,
I have couple of profiles, one of which is activeByDefault. I want to
activate another one by using properties, but that should deactivate the
other one? IS this possible in maven now?

Here is the section from settings.xml

<profile>
   <id>debug</id>
   <activation>
    <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
    <property>
     <name>BV</name>
     <value>debug</value>
    </property>
   </activation>
   <properties>
    <build.variant>debug</build.variant>
   </properties>
  </profile>
  <profile>
   <id>optimize</id>
   <activation>
    <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
    <property>
     <name>BV</name>
     <value>optimize</value>
    </property>
   </activation>
   <properties>
    <build.variant>optimize</build.variant>
   </properties>
  </profile>

What i want is to use the "build.variant" property for "optimize" profile
when it is activated by,
mvn -DBV=optimize install

if none is specified by,
mvn install
want to use the "build.variant" of "debug" profile.

No matter what i do, the debug "build.variant" is all iam getting.
Is it possible to deactivate "debug" by activating "optimize"?

I don't want to make it mandatory for the user to specify which profile he
wants to activate all the time (want debug by default, but when specified as
optimize, deactivate debug and activate optimize)

Any help or pointers in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shankar.