Hi,

as far as I can tell you can't do this with the current archetype plugin. However, there is currently a successor in development over at the mojo project that should support this kind of things.

Currently no website is set up for it and I can't tell if there are any binary releases of it. Your best option probably is to just check out the sources[1] and try if it does what you need.

-Tim

[1] https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/maven-archetypeng/

Ferguson, Jason M TSgt 375 CSPTS/SCE schrieb:
Sorry, I'm a newbie at Maven 2, I admit it.
I have a project template that I use for all new development projects. The package directory (under the java directory) will look like this: org.jason.sample.dao
org.jason.sample.service
org.jason.sample.model
org.jason.sample.web
(etc)
My test directory will look similar to the java directory (along with
resources and test-resources, etc).
Since the packages under sample (dao, service, etc) are not empty, I
need them as part of a Maven archetype.
However, I want to rename "sample" to something more descriptive (such
as "photogallery" or something like that).
Is there a simple way to have Maven rename "sample"? Jason