On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 11:12 +0930, Barrie Treloar wrote:
> I'm excluding it because EasyConf specifies a different version and I
> need to override it.

Doesn't just pinning the version in dependencyManagement in such
situations work? It should not be necessary to exclude the wrong
version. However, in this particular case I think it's better to exclude
it in both places.

> I have no idea why commons-logging wants javax.servlet. So I might try
> excluding it as well.

commons-logging pulls in all log implementations it supports. So if one
does not want a lot of unnecessary jars the exclusions are required.
javax.servlet is especially nasty since it is always provided by the AS
and thus you never want it as a runtime dependency.