Just to complete/correct the picture:
Artifactory HAS the kind of security you describe, in fact it might be even
a bit more powerful than that - see:
http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/latest/security.html
It also supports blacking out repositories and include/exclude artifact
patterns (in case you don't want to share with the rest of the world on the
way to repo1 the fact that your company is working on a new version of
product X).
You may find the following TSS article which includes a comparative report
useful:
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=SettingUpMavenRepository

I am of course very Artifactory oriented ;) (The TSS article is an
independent one, however).

HTH,

-Yoav