Hi Daniel,

The plugin docs reveal all; from
<http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/examples/scm-advance-features.html>:

   If you want to change the default scm provider
   implementation, for exemple you want to use the
   native cvs instead of the pure java implementation,
   you must configure your plugin like that:

   [...]
     <build>
     [...]
       <plugins>
         <plugin>
           <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
           <configuration>
             <providerImplementations>
               <cvs>cvs_native</cvs>
             </providerImplementations>