On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 08:35:02AM -0400, Russell Gold spake thus:
> Alan D. Salewski wrote:
> >Sure, maven can do this. In fact, any project that contains multiple
> >subprojects (which would include any project that produces more than a
> >single artifact) is probably organized to take advantage of the feature.
> >
> >Basically, you declare your common dependencies (specifying version
> >numbers, etc) in the 'dependencyManagement' section of a pom.xml file
> >that your subproject builds reference as their "parent" (and override
> >settings as necessary). The subproject builds declare their dependencies
> >in the 'dependencies' section of their pom.xml files, and get the
> >version specified in the parent pom.xml.
> >
> >Google for 'dependencyManagement', and you should find everything you
> >need to get this going.
> >
> Sounds very promising. But this does not appear to be implemented by the
> 'ant tasks for maven' which is what I am using at present (conversion of
> all of our ant scripts to maven is likely to take a long time). Any
> clues on how I would go about adding the support?

Sorry, but I have not used the 'ant tasks for maven', and am not
familiar with it. The website[0] looks like it may have the answer; this
is a quote from the "Using the Antlib" section of the site:

    "The main purpose of the antlib is to utilise Maven's dependency
     management features."

If you do not find what you need there, maybe ask on this list in a new
thread with a more specific subject and someone else will be able to
help.

-Al

[0] http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html

--