for multi-modules like mine and yours, this worked great:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/examples/multi-module-config.html

On 7/13/07, Si_Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

thanks, I took the config param out (pointing to the checks file) and it
works.

The problem is that we have many modules and a new checkstyle config file
gets created on the fly and put into each subdirectory.  I suppose it is
hardcoded in the jar or something to generate one.

I suppose all of these config files are the same and can take one of them
use as a template.  Ultimately I want all modules to use the same
configuration file and not generate one as it is running and put it in the
target/ directory.

I need to figure this one out.  Would also like to figure out how to
create
one html report for all modules.  Right now it creates separate xml files
for each module.  Would you know what setting I could use to generate html
reports instead of xml?  I did not see a setting the maven docs.

thanks

Si'mon

Thanks

Si'mon

jason r tibbetts wrote:

> Si_Simon wrote:
>> So I configured my pom to use the checkstyle plugin.
>> It is looking for the configuration files.  Not wanting to create them
>> from
>> scratch, I then downloaded the .zip for checkstyle-4.3 that has these
>> config
>> files but when I point to them in the pom.xml there are many, many
>> problems
>> (variables not set) so am assuming I am going about this the wrong way.
>>
>> Is there a location that shows how to get going with maven checkstyle
>> plugin?  The page on the checkstyle plugin tells you what to put in the
>> pom
>> but not where to get the default config files that work with the
plugin.
>> confusing.
>
> I don't quite understand what you're asking. The default config files
> are already in the plugin; you don't have to do anything. Do a 'mvn
> site' and you'll get a checkstyle report.
>
> If you /do/ want to change the configuration, you set the configLocation
> property to point to the new config files. There are some other
> properties that can be customized as well, such as propertiesFile and
> suppressionsFile.

---
Thanks,
Mick Knutson