Hi,

I'm using Maven version: 2.0.6.

My project has few modules; I created the parent pom.xml file, and
pom.xml for each module.

Is there is a way to install specific jars to the local repository
without using the command line, by specifying the needed jars in the
pom.xml?

Right now, when I run maven it checks the local repository, and then it
attempts to down load the needed jar from the internet, and then it
finally aborts with the following message:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
Missing:
1) connector:connector:jar:1_0

  Then, install it using the command:

      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=connector
-DartifactId=connector \

          -Dversion=1_0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

 Thanks,

      Sameh