Hi,

I think this has already been discussed in the mailing list previously.
Please see the thread with subject "New maven user: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found" for reference.

Thanks,
Deng

Eric Yu wrote:
the goal deps on
maven-archetype-plugin, it seems that your maven can not download it