Spot on.  Hello World works fine.

Many thanks

Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 July 2007 15:12
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Beginning Maven

Your simple domestic firewall (or something else in your PC) is
preventing your connection to the "central" repo.

We have had several Windows users give strange reports like yours due
to firewalls and antivirus software. Turn off/disable ALL of that
stuff for now, and try again.

Also, use mvn -X -U ... which will 1) turn on debug mode and 2) force
updates of plugins.

Wayne