I'd assume this is happening because some parent (or grandparent, or
grand-grandparent, etc) of your pom is including those jars as a
dependency. And so your own project is bringing them in as a
dependency, so they are included in your war.

You could try "mvn -X package" and then search the text-tree
dependency output to find out what specific artifact is bringing those
dependencies in, but I think this is a wasted effort, and agree with
Wendy that you need to remove that extraneous <parent> tag and fix up
your own dependencies. If you're lucky, the problem will resolve
itself with these changes.

Wayne