I am trying to use the documentation at
http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin+Reference+Guide
to deploy a WAR file (using the "StalledLocalDeployer") via
the filesystem into a Tomcat container (which may not be
currently running).

By my reading, the following plugin configuration

    <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
       <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
         <container>
           <containerId>${appserver.id}</containerId>
         </container>
         <configuration>
           <home>${appserver.home}</home>
           <deployables>
             <deployable>
               <properties>
                 <context>${pom.artifactId}</context>
               </properties>
             </deployable>
           </deployables>
         </configuration>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>

should allow me to change the target context name for the
deployment - unfortunately the <context> parameter is
ignored, and the WAR file is copied without renaming -
that is, the target for the copy still retains the
version number.
Can anyone explain what is the correct configuration?

-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University