A few months ago I posted several times about the deficiencies of wagon.
You can probably find them in the archives.  If not let me know and I
can repost them.

But through all the smoke and mirrors, one of the most important modules
wagon  encapsulates is com.jcraft.jsch.  If you look at this driver (its
written in Java, but reminds me very much of an old procedural C code
driver), you will discover that the "Bridge"  pattern implementation is
incomplete.

Hope this helps.

-John Redden
Sr. Consultant matrix-consultants.com