Yes, after thinking about it for a while, I decided that that must be what
was going on. Quite a good idea really...
Although in company projects that are only used in one timezone, I imagine
there will be resistance from developers (e.g. mine :( )

It was funny - I am from New Zealand, and we are +12 GMT, so it looked like
it was AM/PM issue! :)