Hi,

> I'm using castor to generate code.
> the plugin (mojo) has a dependency on castor:castor:0.9.7
> This version has a generator bug
> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CASTOR-742)
> that is solved in 1.0.4
>
> But I can't override the plugin classpath to set version to 1.0.4 as the
> groupId has been changed since 1.0 to org.codehaus.castor.
>
> Any idea on a way to solve this ???

I once had a similar problem: One of the dependencies I was using had a
dependency to commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:1.4-dev that doesn't exist on
central repo; well, at least the directory exists, but is empty. I solved it by
creating the following pom that I deployed to my internal repository:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
  <version>1.4-dev</version>
  <name>commons-beanutils</name>
  <description>
    The commons-beanutils package.
  </description>
  <distributionManagement>
    <relocation>
      <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
      <version>1.4</version>
    </relocation>
  </distributionManagement>
</project>

I suggest you try a similar approach: Create a pom for castor:castor, but use a
different version that doesn't exist on central, say, 0.9.7.1, add relocation
info for org.codehaus.castor:castor:1.0.4 into it (assuming that this version
is compatible to 0.9.7) and deploy it to your repository. Then add a dependency
to this pseudo pom into your main pom.xml.

Maven should see that you use a newer version for castor:castor:0.9.7 which is
used by the plugin, and finally use that instead.

HTH

Thorsten