I'm pretty new to Maven, but I've created some sample multi-project applications successfully in the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit stuck as to how SVN integration works. This is kind of a 2-part question.

1.) I've added the dependency in my top-level pom.xml like so:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-svn</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-alpha-4</version>
        </dependency>

And I've added the scm element in the same pom.xml as well:

   <scm>
<connection>scm:svn:http://localhost:8080/svn/private/ sampleproject</connection> <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://localhost:8080/svn/private/ sampleproject</developerConnection>
     <url>http://localhost:8080/svn/private/sampleproject</url>
  </scm>

When I run it like this:

mvn scm:checkin -Dmessage="This is a test"

I get a successful build, but the svn executes a file command instead of sending it to my repository:

[INFO] [scm:checkin]
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive commit --file /tmp/maven- scm-947054377.commit
[INFO] Working directory: /Users/myuser/Documents/Projects/sampleproject

2.) Ideally what I'd like to do is configure Maven to have multiple profiles based in releases, so that when i release a test build, it commits my changes to the correct SVN repository branch automatically. Would I have to build a plugin to do this, Or is it already possible? Any examples?

Thanks,
SC