Wayne,

I did figure out a work around and with your suggestion, which I will try
either tomorrow or when I get back from my vacation, that should be that.

What I did was make the project into a jar project and then I bound in the
rar plugin to run during the package phase. So the RAR file gets built (and
left in the target folder) and I can collect it with the assembly plugin for
deployment with the ear(s). But the jar file goes into the repo where it can
be used by the other projects that need it since they are clients to the RAR
itself.

Thanks for now. I'll try to report back later.

-- Lee Meador