Hello,

While developing my own custom archetype, I also started to explore all
the options of the mvn archetetype plugin and it's create target,
because I hope I can get that to create my project, exactly like I want
them.

Since my software development project usually consist of multiple tiers,
which I like to place in the same group in a seperate artifact, I would
like to have the plugin build the default package for java-class by
combining the groupId and artifactId. Currently just the groupId is
being used.
Is there a way to configure the archetype-plugin so that the
defaultPackage will be a concat of the groupId and artfactId?

I have seen I can specify the package with the -DpackageName parameter
on the mvn archetype:create command.
That that package is being used as the default package, but the package
structure of my classes beneath the archetype-resource/src/main/java/
will NOT be used any more. All classes generated during creation of the
archetype end up in the same package base-package specified by the
packageName-parameter instead of the appropriate sub-package.
The package-structure in my archetype-resource/src/main/java-directory
is being used when the classes are being generated without an explicit
assigned packageName (defaultPackage == groupId)
Is this a bug of the plugin?
Is there a way to configure the archetype-plugin so that the
packageStructure beneath archetype-resource/src/main/java will be used
during generation of the classes for my archetype?

Should I file an bug and improvement issues in JIRA for these wishes?

I found some reference to some new 'maven-archetypeng', but not much
documentation yet. ( I didn't download the source yet ;-) )
Will that support these kinds of wishes?
Where can I find more information about that plugin?

I hope somebody can help me on this.

With kind regards,
    Marco Beelen

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart
Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall
not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this
e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in
receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286