Hi,

the <source/> and <target/> properties reflect the javac commandline options. See here [1] for the possible values for these options.

-Tim

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javac.html

Gisbert Amm schrieb:
Hi list,

when I try to compile using the following settings

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <source>1.4.2</source>
    <target>1.4.2</target>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

I get this error message:

Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: invalid source release: 1.4.2

When I replace "1.4.2" with "1.4" it compiles. Isn't it possible to specifiy the minor version of the JVM to compile for?

-Gisbert