You don't need to have common-war as a dependency if you provide all
details in the ArtifactItem section of the configuration.

Removing the dependency and add the version to ArtifactItem will just
run fine and it's not a hack (Note if you unpack the jar in the war,
it is provided so it's not a hack either ; it's just provided by you
instead of the container).