Another solution is to check out the release manager and remove that phase from the components.xml and release an own version of the release manager and release plugin. It is not a nice way, though.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

Steven Rowe wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I have gotten around this problem by deploying the SNAPSHOT projects in
question to an internal repository, after first renaming their versions
from X.X.X-SNAPSHOT to X.X.X-myco-X (or something similar).  This can
get messy, since SNAPSHOTs sometimes depend on other SNAPSHOTs, and
those have to also be fixed in the respective POMs.  But it works.  And
it's worth it - maven-release-plugin rocks!

Steve

Matthew McCullough wrote:
Mavenites,

I have a project in which we depend on SNAPSHOTs.  Unfortunately, three of
them are not actively being developed at the moment, however we still have
to use them.  I realize it is a very bad practice to depend on these since
you never know what is going to be changed.  However, is there any way I can
override release:prepare from FORCING me to have all dependencies as
non-snapshots?

I've reviewed all the documentation I can find on:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/prepare-release.html
and cannot find anything that seems to allow overriding this behavior of
requiring all concrete version numbers for dependencies.

Thanks for any pointers.

Matthew McCullough
Ambient Ideas, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]