Hi,

I just downloaded maven-2.0.7-bin.zip
<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/maven-2.0.7-bin.zip>
and got it all set up but if I try and run commands like 'mvn
archetype:create' or 'mvn eclipse:create' I get a missing plugin error.
According to the website and documentation maven is supposed to come with
many standard plugins by default, so where are they? Do I need to download
each plugin separately for every task I'll need? If so where do I place them
in the maven directory? Why isn't there some sort of base plugin package I
can download? There seems to be no documentation to answer these questions
as I've spent a good two hours searching all over. In short. I'm lost.
Thanks for your help!

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz

Webmaster / Developer

Information Sciences Institute