Where's the best place in the standard Maven layout to place configuration
files - I don't mean resources that end up bundled with the classes and
which are available on the final classpath, like property files.

By configuration files, I mean things like development-time web server
scripts that are colocated with the project - but which aren't used for
production time. Where would be the best place to put this?

Thanks.