Hi,

   I am new user to Maven and was going through guide to start creating a
smalls project. I have installed Maven version: 2.0.7 and i am using it with
Java version: 1.4.2_06 on red hat linux. mvn --version shows the right
version so i am assuming maven is installed correctly.
  I tried doing following:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes-DgroupId=
com.devsid.app -DartifactId=my-app

But its failing with:

  org.apache.maven.archetype:maven-archetype:pom:1.0-alpha-5

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I checked the repository manually and found out there is nothing like
1.0-alpha-5 version on repository so i tried supplying -DarchetypeVersion=
1.0-alpha-4 also but its still not working.

Please let me know if i have missed any settings or what should i do to get
this working ?

----Sid