Arash Amiri wrote:
Hi,
um...
sometimes (I say "sometimes" because I really dont know what the cause is), a bundle, that I create with the maven-bundle-plugin, misses, once deployed, its own packages.

e.g. I have a package "org.myapp.meta" in my maven project.
I configure the maven bundle plugin (in the same project) the following way:
<Import-Package>org.myapp.*;resolution:=optional</Import-Package>
<Export-Package>org.myapp.*</Export-Package>

when I deploy it in equinox, it gives me an error such as:
Missing imported package org.myapp.meta
I dont get this, since the jar file contains the package.

Yet, I have to admit that the bundle has other dependencies which are not (yet) satifsfied. e.g. the org.myapp.meta package uses "org.openrdf.elmo" which is in a bundle not yet deployed (since I have to create it first).

my question:
Is it a maven bundle plugin configuration issue or is it simply Equinox that refuses to import packages which have unresolved references?

Just a guess, since I don't really know how Equinox' resolver works, but it could be that it is trying to resolve the bundle to its own export since you import/export the same package, but it is unable to do so because it cannot resolve the bundle itself, so the error message says it cannot find the package because it cannot resolve the provider of the package, which just happens to be the same bundle in this case. This could potentially happen, depending on how Equinox handles bundles importing their own packages.

One question for you, why are you importing the same packages you are exporting with an "optional" directive. Seems kind of strange and it might be meaningless since the bundle will always have access to the package since it exports them.

Also, shouldn't this be on the Felix users mailing list?

-> richard