> > Can you paste the error message?
>
> I can reproduce the issue, if sub-module-b packaing == jar, no error.
> My error occur only when packagin == ear...

Do you happen to have assembly in there somewhere to?

I have a similar error where an non-jar dependency (a zip file) is
included in a module and when the non-jar dependency gets built it
will fail because it cant find the artifact for the module that
assembles.

i.e.
Root
  - A (depends on B in an assembly)
  - B (depends on nothing)

When B builds it will give an error that the dependency A is not
available (if it has not previously been installed)

I haven't had the time to investigate these further, I believe it is
an issue with reactor builds and incorrect resolution of dependencies.