Marcin, I am not able to reproduce your issue at my side using your example.

the only thing i can think of is you are using the wrong eclipse
plugin version prior to 2.4.

you may want to define eclipse plugin at the top level pom with
version configured.
and you still need to configure skip individually per child project.

-D